Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Simple words. Great comfort.

Tonight I've been inspired by a few friends that make me want to share just a little about my life and struggles. A couple weeks ago I had a crazy busy week, I was an emotional wreck and I just thought that my life was so awful. Just as I was at the verge of breaking down a good friend Sarah came over with Ice cream, a trashy magazine, and a loving note. Just a little reminder and spiritual uplift. Nothing extravagant but the perfect cure for me. That led me to reaching out to a distant friend today, one who had shared that she was having an awful week and being in her position just a couple weeks ago I decided to follow Sarah's lead and to reach out to her. To send her a little text (it's 1 am .. A little late to deliver anything tonight. But I have plans to) and just share my love for her. She had said it was just what she needed- and after Sarah had done the same for me I knew that my friends words were genuine. I'm so grateful for the power of service and for the peace that service brings us. Whether we are on the action side, or the recieveing side service is a blessing to all. 

No comments: