Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Road trip (MOM)

Just a quick post. This weekend my mom and I set out on a little road trip to hit Provo, Utah. We were going to see my  first apartment and sign my lease and get that situated!! I was so excited - on the way down my mom was DJ. The best DJ you could imagine- we rocked out the entire way. She had me dancing and laughing and making the best memories.. One in particular I won't forget was when we were cruising Down the highway and then I see red and blue lights flashing behind me. My first speeding ticket. I was pedal to the metal flying down a hill when I was stopped but a rather grumpy officer. I got off a little easy- not as easy as I had wished though.  I pulled back onto the highway with tears in my eyes and a broken heart as I thought oh man "moms probably so mad right now. And how am I ever going to be forgiven" when my mom took the ticket and put it away and said "no need to let this ruin our trip this is your weekend and we are going to have fun!" I was shocked but so grateful for my moms reaction. I think I had been more disappointed in myself than she was.. But I know that she was still a little heartbroken.  So I guess what I'm trying to say with a heart full of gratitude.. My mom is the best. From being the best DJ, to being a great comforter, to taking me shopping, and just letting me be away for the weekend. I love her. I'm beyond grateful for our relationship and couldn't have a better best friend. College is really going to suck without her ❤️ 

No comments: